Love is love.
But not everyone agrees what that means. In a modern Italian villa, Giuliano is shocked to discover Lydia in his bathtub. She is a refugee. One of 50 brides who have fled marriage to their 50 cousins and are seeking asylum. With the grooms in hot pursuit (via helicopter!), it is only a matter of time before the serenity of the villa detonates in a darkly comic explosion in Charles Mee’s contemporary reimagining of Aeschylus’s ancient play, The Suppliants.
Shows April 5–9 at 7:30 p.m., plus matinee at 2:30 p.m. on April 10.
Please Note: Big Love runs ONE WEEK ONLY.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY (through May 31, 2022):
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or recent (one week) PCR test will be required for anyone who is not a current SPU student or employee.
- All current SPU students and employees will need to show their SPU ID card upon entering the event.
- All audience members must wear masks at all times.
Light Warning: This play contains flashing lights that may potentially trigger seizures for people with photosensitive epilepsy.
- Brief instances of strong language
- Discussions of:
- Rape and sexual assault
- Discrimination and bigotry
- Drugs and alcohol
- Abuse (physical, mental, verbal, and/or sexual)
- Excessive/gratuitous violence
- Death and dying
Recommended Age: 16+
This is a recommendation. Please use parental/guardian discretion.