Physical Science (3:2 Transfer Program)

Programs offered
  • Physical Science (major)

Physical Science (BA)


To offer the advantages of combining Christian liberal arts with Engineering majors not offered at SPU, SPU has dual-degree agreements with Washington State University and the University of Washington. 

These agreements allow you to complete three years of study at SPU and two years at the partnering school, resulting in a Bachelor of Arts in Physical Sciences from SPU and a Bachelor of Science from the participating engineering school.

  • During your three years at SPU, you complete the 51-credit Physical Sciences major.
  • You will satisfy both the requirements for the SPU Bachelor of Arts degree and many fundamental requirements for the Bachelor of Science degree by taking the core Christian foundations, liberal arts, and prescribed courses in chemistry, physics, mathematics, and engineering.
  • If you fulfill the entrance requirements of the partner university, you may then transfer to the participating university. At that university, you will spend two years taking upper-division engineering courses to complete the second degree.

The Physical Sciences (3:2 Engineering) major Capstone requirement can be met by completing one of the following:

  • At the University of Washington: ME 495, CEE 441, CEE 442, CEE 444, CEE 445.
  • At Washington State University: CE 465, ME 416,CHE 451, B E 411
  • By meeting an approved course that includes a major design experience based on the knowledge and skills acquired in earlier coursework and incorporating appropriate engineering standards and multiple realistic constraints.

entering and completing the major

In order to earn a degree, you must complete at least one academic major. SPU encourages students to explore various academic paths, so if you change your mind about a major or minor, or want to include an additional program, you are able to do so, as outlined below.

We encourage you to enter your Physical Sciences (engineering 3:2) major as soon as you have decided on it, and then select a faculty advisor corresponding to your major to guide you in completing your degree. If you plan to pursue a minor or an additional major, note that might extend your time at SPU.

  • If this is your first quarter at SPU and you identified the Physical Science major as your first choice on your application for admission to the University, you have gained entry to the major. To change or add a major or minor, follow these instructions.
  • If you are an SPU student with an SPU cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better, follow these instructions to enter a major or minor in this department.
  • Students on academic probation (with an SPU cumulative GPA below 2.0) will not be permitted to enter a new major or minor until they regain good academic standing.
  • The University requires a grade of C- or better in all classes that apply to a major or minor; however, programs may require higher minimum grades in specific courses. You may repeat an SPU course only once for a higher grade.
  • To advance in this program, meet with your faculty advisor regularly to discuss your grades, course progression, and other indicators of satisfactory academic progress. If your grades or other factors indicate that you may not be able to successfully complete the major or minor, your faculty advisor can work with you to explore options, which may include choosing a different major or minor.
  • You must complete the major or minor requirements that are in effect in the SPU Undergraduate Catalog for the year you enter the major or minor.

Otto Miller Hall at Seattle Pacific University

Engineering Department

Visit the Engineering Department to see how a degree in engineering can help you achieve your goals to make a difference in the world.

Time Schedule

Course planning

Suggested course sequences help you complete your degree in a timely manner.