Our Mission Statement
The Biology Department at Seattle Pacific University is dedicated to teaching the principles and practices of modern biology, grounded in the theory of evolution. We are committed to building a community that promotes academic excellence, enriches Christian faith, and respects and welcomes diversity.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students learn the major themes and core concepts of cell biology, molecular biology, genetics, organismal biology, ecology, and evolution by natural selection.
- Students develop a graduation plan and learn to access resources that support academic success.
- Students use appropriate supporting data and analyses to effectively communicate in oral and written forms.
- Students explore the integration of science with a Christian worldview.
- Students participate in authentic laboratory or field research.
- Students are prepared for graduate or professional training and careers related to the biological sciences.