The Bulletin is the official internal e-newsletter to faculty and staff. Sections include periodic messages from President Martin and vice presidents, campus news and event information, faculty and staff news, and extra features (SPU in the News, Milestones, and From the Archives.)
- Sent to all faculty, staff, adjuncts, temporary staff (approximately 1,000). Cannot opt-out. Official publication of SPU.
- Published on Mondays (every other week during the summer).
- Deadlines are Thursdays.
- Published by University Communications.
- Edited by Director of Public Information Tracy Norlen and Web Editor Hope McPherson.
- Able to search past entries in the archives.
- Send entries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Engage is a new portal page for student activities, replacing OrgSync. It lists mainly club and residence-hall activities. A non-student department who doesn't have an engage page can't create their own event. But, non-student offices and departments can submit event information online.
Office and department e-newsletters
Many departments send periodic e-newsletters. Review the newsletter to see if they feature events, and then contact the individual departments or offices if you think your event would be of interest.
This e-newsletter features alumni profiles, event news of interest to alumni, and reports about campus news of interest to an alumni audience.
Sent to more than 20,000 alumni.
- Published monthly.
- Deadlines are a month before publication.
- Looking for events with strong interest to alumni.
- Send story ideas to Jennifer Hunt in Alumni at entries email@example.com.
Parents and Families: In the Loop
The e-newsletter is sent to approximately 3,000 parents of current undergraduate students.This newsletter consistently receives a 30% open rate (17% is the industry standard).
- Published monthly (except July).
- Deadlines are the first day of the month for that month’s issue.
- Contains information on SPU programs, messages from the president, and highlights lectures, arts events, worship and ministry events.
- Corresponds with the website for parents and families called “In the Loop” at spu.edu/parents-and-families, which is updated monthly.
- Submit entries (or suggest articles) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
College of Arts and Sciences, Division of Arts and Humanities: Exhibit
English and Cultural Studies Department: The English Blog
Office of Inclusive Excellence: OIEX Connections
School of Business, Government, and Economics: Shareholders
School of Education: On Point
School of Health Sciences, Nursing Praxis
John Perkins Center: Committed to Engagement, Community, and the JPC
University Ministries (email@example.com): Connect with University Ministries (sent weekly on Monday mornings.)
School of Theology: Kingswood Chronicle