SPU Stories is a digital publication focused on the stories of the people who make up the SPU community. It features stories written about and by SPU students, faculty, staff, and alumni.
- Might cover an upcoming event.
- If you have a major event (or story idea), contact Response and SPU Stories Editor Shelly Ngo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Stories may also cover events after they happen. Sometimes events will spark story ideas.
- The website is updated several times a month.
- No real deadline, in most cases, but send information as soon as possible.
The Falcon is a student-run newspaper published on Wednesdays during the academic year.
- The paper alternates between a print and online version each week.
- Submit press releases and announcements to email@example.com.
- Deadlines: ASAP
- Consider placing ad in the paper if you have the budget. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The SPU magazine Response is published twice a year.
- The magazine is mailed to 60,000 alumni, SPU parents, and friends of SPU in all 50 states and in 87 foreign countries.
- If you have a major event (or story idea), contact Response Editor Shelly Ngo at email@example.com.
- Response may cover events after they happen. In fact, some events will spark story ideas for the magazine, so send information to the editor.
- Currently does not have an events calendar.
Stall Talk is the bi-weekly campus event newsletter located in campus bathrooms, including the residence halls. It is produced and distributed by the Associated Students of Seattle Pacific (ASSP).
Deadlines and Publication Dates
Any campus organization or department may submit event information to Stall Talk. In order to be included in the upcoming publication, submit your request by Thursday at 5 p.m. on odd weeks (ex. weeks 1, 3, 5, and 7) of the quarter. Distribution takes place on even weeks (ex. weeks 2, 4, 6, and 8). Please note this process to ensure that your event gets submitted on time.
Submit information through the Engage portal. (You'll need to log in with your SPU credentials.) Select "Forms" on the top of the home page, and the look for "Stall Talk Event Request."