When you move in, you will complete a room inventory in the online housing portal to finalize the stated condition of your room in your residence hall or your apartment.
The move in process has been adapted for all students to support responsible distancing. Students will need to have an assigned move in slot to access their residential space.
- Incoming students move into their residence halls on either Thursday, September 10 or Friday, September 11.
- Returning students move into their residence halls and apartments on either Saturday, September 12 or Sunday, September 13.
In each case, students will begin their move in process by checking in at Upper Gwinn (part of the Orientation Sign In Process for New Students). More information will be communicated in the email informing students of their move in time.
For specific dates, visit the University Calendar. For additional information, read the Student Handbook’s Residential Guidelines.
Building and room access
You will be issued a room key at the completion of your check-in. In the residence halls and the Wesley Apartments, residents’ Falcon Cards open the main doors of the building and a separate key allows them access to their rooms. All other apartment residents are issued one key that allows them access to their unit.
- Carry your key and Falcon Card with you whenever you leave your room.
- Do not give your key or Falcon Card to another person for building access.
- Room keys may not be duplicated or given to others.
- Anyone who illegally possesses, uses, or duplicates a University key will be subject to a fine and/or disciplinary action.
The residence halls are locked at all times. If you are locked out, a temporary key and/or keycard may be checked out at the Office of Safety and Security.
- If a room key is reported lost or not returned, the lock will be changed and you will be charged a re-core fee.
For the safety of yourself and other students, promptly report the loss of keys to Safety and Security or the loss of Falcon Cards in your Falcon Card Account with Falcon Card Services.