To run for a position on your Area Council, you must meet these requirements:
- Minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA.
- Full-time student status.
- Supportive of SPU’s Christian faith. (Area Council members are not required to have a Christian faith statement, but must be supportive of the commitment to the Christian community at SPU.)
- Exemplify commitment to SPU’s Lifestyle Expectations.
- Request a reference from your current RA and SMC.
- Reside in the Residence Hall you will be serving during the 2023-24 academic year.
Applications are due by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, April 14. Submit your application here!
Note: By submitting your application, you are giving Residence Life the permission to check your GPA and disciplinary record in order to assess your eligibility as a candidate.
Spring Quarter 2023 Selection timeline
- Wednesday, March 29: Applications available online here.
- Friday, April 14: Applications due by 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday, April 20: Area Council interview offers sent to qualifying applicants.
Area Council dates for Spring 2023 and Autumn 2023
Note: Students hired for Area Council positions are required to attend training sessions throughout Spring Quarter 2023
Date + Time TBD: SLDC training (All current and new ASSP and ORL leaders)
- Date + Time TBD: Area Council training #1
- Date + Time TBD: Area Council training #2
- Date + Time TBD: Leadership kickoff (ASSP and Res Life Leadership for 2023–24)
Autumn Quarter 2023 schedule
Area Council members are also expected to return before the start of the academic year. They will take part in Area Council training with the Office of Residence Life, and they will participate in the Leadership Conference along with other campus leadership.
Area Council members also take part in the activities during Welcome Week to welcome the new and returning residents to each living area.
Area Council Training: Date + Time TBD
Leadership Conference: Date + Time TBD
Welcome Week: Date + Time TBD