To run for a position on your Area Council, you must meet these requirements:
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA.
- Full-time student status.
- Supportive of SPU’s Christian faith. (Area Council members are not required to have a Christian faith statement, but must be supportive of the commitment to the Christian community at SPU.)
- Exemplify commitment to SPU’s Lifestyle Expectations.
- Request a reference from your current RA and SMC.
Applications are due by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, April 12 through Engage.
Note: By submitting your application, you are giving Residence Life the permission to check your GPA and disciplinary record in order to assess your eligibility as a candidate.
Spring Quarter 2021 Election timeline
- Friday, March 29: Applications available online through Engage.
- Monday, April 12: Applications due by 5:00 p.m.
- Friday, April 23: Area Council position notifications get sent to applicants by email for potential interview.
Hall council dates for Spring 2021 and Autumn 2021
Note: Students hired for Area Council positions are required to attend training sessions throughout Spring Quarter 2021.
Date + Time TBD: SLDC training (All current and new ASSP and ORL leaders)
- Date + Time TBD: Area Council training #1
- Date + Time TBD: Area Council training #2
- Date + Time TBD: Leadership kickoff (ASSP and Res Life Leadership for 2021–22)
Autumn Quarter 2021 schedule
Area Council members are also expected to return before the start of the academic year. They will take part in Area Council training with the Office of Residence Life, and they will participate in the Leadership Conference along with other campus leadership.
Area Council members also take part in the activities during Welcome Week to welcome the new and returning residents to each living area.
Area Council Training: Date + Time TBD
Leadership Conference: Date + Time TBD
Welcome Week: Date + Time TBD