1. Apply for admission to SPU
Your admission application automatically puts you in the running for most SPU scholarships. If you’re an artist, athlete, or aspiring engineer, find the scholarships you qualify for on the list and follow directions on how to apply.
- First-year students entering Autumn Quarter: Apply by March 1
- Transfer students entering Autumn Quarter: Apply by July 1
2. Submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or WASFA
The 2024-2025 FAFSA application will be available December 2023. We recommend filing your FAFSA as soon as you're able after the application becomes available since some student aid programs have limited funds.
- First day to file (for priority consideration): December (specific date TBD)
- Last day to file (for priority consideration): August 1
Important notes: Even if you miss the priority deadline, turn in your completed FAFSA as soon as you can. And if you’re a a continuing student, you’ll also still need to file the FAFSA yearly, in order to be considered for ongoing aid.
3. Outside scholarships
Do your homework and apply to as many outside scholarships as possible. Here are several great resources.
Undergraduates receiving need-based financial aid
Average financial aid award for undergraduates
Undergraduates receiving some form of financial assistance