As with scholarships, grants are funds you won’t have to pay back. But unlike scholarships, top grades typically aren’t a deciding factor. Here’s a brief listing of grants available to first-year, transfer, or current SPU students:

Pell Grants are awarded to undergraduate students based on their expected family contribution (EFC).

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOGs) are for undergraduates with exceptional financial need based on their EFC and range from $100 to $4,000 a year.

TEACH Grants offer up to $4,000 yearly to would-be teachers. Unlike other grants, these awards require students who receive them to pursue specific endorsements and teach in high-need fields, in a high-need area. If requirements are not met, the grant becomes a loan.

State College Grants help Washington’s lowest-income undergraduates. The grants are awarded based on income and financial need, continued academic progress, and available funds.

College Bound is a scholarship program for foster youth or eligible low-income undergraduate students who sign up for College Bound while in middle school.

SPU Grants are awarded to undergraduates based on financial need for up to five years from first receiving the grant. Your completed FAFSA is your application for an SPU grant.


Do I qualify for scholarships?

Whether you’re an undergraduate or a graduate student, the list of opportunities may be a lot longer than you think. You won’t know until you apply! Take a look.