Seattle Pacific University will begin processing student-account credit balances once aid has been disbursed to your student account. Student aid will begin to be disbursed to student accounts up to 10 days prior to the start of each quarter. For more information, see How Aid Disburses.
A credit balance is when your financial aid is more than the charges. Credit balances can be issued through Direct Deposit or mailed as a physical check.
Direct Deposit is considered the fastest and safest option because the funds are automatically sent to your bank account. Follow these instructions to set up direct deposit:
- Log on to the Banner Information System.
- Choose Student Menu.
- Next choose Student Account Menu.
- Choose Setup Direct Deposit.
- Review the “Direct Deposit Terms and Conditions” at the bottom of the page.
- Enter your bank account and routing information in the section titled “Student Account Refunds and Expense Reimbursement Direct Deposit.”
- Click Save Changes.
Once finished, you will receive an email confirmation of the update in your SPU email account.
For students who do not choose direct deposit, please make sure your address information in Banner is correct.