Seattle Pacific University offers several graduate and undergraduate programs that prepare students to pursue professional licensure. Because licensure requirements and procedures vary from state to state, prospective and current students are encouraged to research the requirements in their current or intended state of residence to determine whether the program they complete at SPU will meet requirements for licensure in that state and to gain information about any additional requirements beyond academic program completion (e.g., background checks, professional examinations, years of work experience, etc.).
Select the program link below for your program. The name of the state licensing agency is a live link that will take you to the licensure site. Since state licensure requirements may change at any time, you are strongly encouraged to check directly with your state licensure board to confirm requirements for licensure.
The tables for each program are currently being updated as the University continues its own research into licensure in other states. If information is not yet populated for your program, please check with your academic department for state licensure contact information. Once completed, these tables will be updated annually.
Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner License in:
- Adult Gerontology Nurse Practitioner
- Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Accelerated Master of Arts in Teaching
- Accelerated Master of Arts in Teaching Math and Science
- Alternative Routes to Certification
- Master of Arts in Teaching
- Integrated Studies (Elementary Certification)
- Music Education
- P-3 Teacher Certification
- P-12 Teacher Certification
- Secondary Certification
- Special Education